As followers of Christ, we unleash potential in people through work and life skills so that they may enjoy a productive life in their community.
Hope Haven is community committed to the special creation of God that is the human being; encouraging the realization of dreams, desires, and aspirations, valuing gifts, talents, and contributions, sharing accountability for individual and community growth.
- We seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
- We offer services of the highest possible value.
- We value all people as God’s creation.
- We are motivated to a ministry of mercy.
- We serve with humility.
- We focus on the development of competencies rather than the reduction of symptoms.
- We value the people who serve with us. Our success is measured by the outcome for each individual served.
- We believe work is an essential tool.
Over 50 years ago, Hope Haven opened its doors as a school for children with disabilities in Rock Valley, Iowa. Currently, services span across 39 sites in 16 communities in the Midwest, and we’ve delivered 127,000+ wheelchairs to those in need around the globe.